DXL-MSG facilitates the conversion of emails, contacts and other items from Lotus Notes/Domino to Microsoft Outlook both for migration purposes and for use with E-Discovery and forensic tools that work with MSGs and/or EMLs.
DXL-MSG converts emails, contacts, appointments, phone messages, tasks and other items stored on DXL files to MSG files and, optionally, EML files. It can convert thousands of DXLs in one shot. The product is provided in two forms: One is a Windows console program that can be run from the command line, or called from batch and cmd files, from scripts and using remote launchers such as PSExec. The other form is a set of APIs: The managed API can be invoked from C# or any managed language. The unmanaged API can be called from native C++ or LotusScript.
DXL-MSG is intended for use by system administrators, migration experts, forensic engineers and E-Discovery workers.
- Converts emails, contacts, etcetera from DXL to Unicode MSGs.
- Optionally converts from DXLs to EMLs for migration into other mail systems as well as forensic products that ingest SMTP/Internet format messages.
- Provides complete, thread-safe APIs, both managed and unmanaged, as well as a standalone conversion program.
- Converts Lotus richtext to both HTML and plain text.
- Converts all fields/properties that are common to the two formats.
- Converts all message types and parts including rich text, attachments, embedded images, embedded messages and delivery receipts.
- Supports custom mappings from DXL items to MAPI properties.
- Can perform batch conversions of any number of DXL files in one shot.
- No installation needed -- just download and run.
- Customized versions are available (at extra cost).
- Writes log files detailing all operations that it performs.
DXL-MSG must be run on a Windows system with both Microsoft Outlook and the Notes client installed. Specifically:
- Outlook 2007 or a 32-bit edition of Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016.
- IBM/Lotus Notes client version 6.5 or later.
Please try our demo/evaluation package. This version of the product is fully functional except that it converts random digits in message text to hash characters (#). Or send us a sample of up to a dozen DXLs and we will convert them for you and send you back the MSGs (and EMLs if requested). You may also learn more about DXL-MSG by reading the DXL-MSG User Guide online.
Pricing for DXL-MSG depends on licence duration. A perpetual licence for a single site costs US$4,995. A licence for one year of use at a single site is US$995. Please contact us for prices if you need a license for multiple sites. All prices include support and maintenance updates.
DXL-to-MSG conversion serviceWe also offer DXL-to-MSG conversion on a service basis; please email us with your requirements.
How to buy
Please use one of the buttons on the top-right of this page to purchase a licence online using a credit card, bank transfer, PayPal or other means securely via BlueSnap. Once your order is complete we will make a package for you and send you a download link. You may also purchase DXL-MSG through Insight, SHI, Dell/ASAP Software or one of several other resellers we have in various countries.
We have one OEM partner that, using our API, bundles DXL-MSG into their own product. We welcome enquiries from other interested parties who may wish to do likewise.
If you have any questions about this product please email us or use our contact form.
We have been building import, export, migration and E-Discovery tools for Outlook and Exchange since 1997. Please contact us if we can build a custom one for you.