Outsmart Imbox facilitates the migration from other email servers to Microsoft Outlook and Exchange.
It extracts messages from mbox files and imports them into specified folders in Outlook or Exchange stores. (If you would prefer to migrate data from your old server via IMAP, please consider ExBridge.)
Imbox is intended for use by system administrators and migration experts, and is supplied in the form of a command-line program that you run in a console window. This design makes it easy to automate via command files or scripts.
- Imports messages directly into Exchange Mailboxes, Outlook PSTs, or any other MAPI-standard mail store.
- Migrates messages from most UNIX and Linux mail servers.
- Also works with mailbox files created by Thunderbird and Evolution.
- De-duplication option facilitates migration of, for example, overlapping archives.
- Scripting supports migration of multiple mbox files to multiple Exchange Mailboxes (potentially millions of messages) in one shot.
- Can import at a rate of 50GB per hour.
- Can be run remotely using telnet or a utility such as PSExec.
- Works with Exchange Online/Office 365.
- Customized versions are available (at extra cost).
- Writes log files detailing all operations that it performs.
For migration via Outlook, be that into Outlook or Exchange stores, the requirements are:
- Outlook 2003, 2007 or the 32-bit edition of Outlook 2010 or 2013.
- Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7 or 8.
For migration directly into Exchange stores, the requirements are:
- Exchange 2000, 2003, 2007 or 2010. (For Exchange 2007 and 2010, either Exchange MAPI or Outlook must be also be installed.)
- Windows 2000 Server, 2003 or 2008.
Imbox is priced at US$449 per site license, and US$1,499 per enterprise licence. For educational and non-profit organizations we offer a special licensing rate of US$149 (please email us for information on how to purchase at this price). For migrating to a single Exchange server, a site license is appropriate regardless of the number of mailboxes. For other situations, please ask.
How to buy
Purchase Outsmart Imbox online using a credit card, bank transfer or other means securely via Plimus. You may also purchase through SHI, Dell/ASAP Software or one of several other resellers we have in various countries.
If you have any questions about this product please email us or use our contact form.
We have been building import and migration tools for Outlook and Exchange since 1997. Please contact us if we can build a custom one for you.